Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Holiday

Let's make a pact here. With the world. NEVER ever go see a movie when you see this cast: Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, Kate Winslet and Jack Black. No okay, I haven't got any problems with 3/4. Never ever go see a movie when you see Cameron Diaz is in the lead role. Yes, I am talking about...

THE HOLIDAY.


So you thought, just like me, that The Sweetest Thing (also Cameron Diaz) was the worst movie ever? Yeah you're right, it still is, but this one comes so close it's unbelievable. And I'm no movie expert, but everyone can see this is a painful one. Not only do I want to punch Cameron Diaz in the face during... well most part of this movie because of her facial expressions... but her acting is just horrible as well. And I've never felt so uncomfterable. Well maybe during Swept Away when you realise it's just too much like Overboard (god I hate Goldie Hawn) and you start to notice it's just a sick fantasy Madonna had and wanted to expres in a film. Thanks, Madgie, thanks.

So most important thing here is the worst part of The Holiday. At one point, Jack Black (gotta love Jack Black tho) and Kate Winslet are at this videoshop and Jack Black, because he makes the scores of movies, starts singing different kinds of scores of those films, but very loudly...and at one point he sings something of a Dustin Hoffman movie and at that moment you see Dustin Fucking Hoffman in the videoshop with the most s80 looking football cap on saying something like "I can't go anywhere" or something like that. And that's his role in this movie. It's this funny line.. in a movie that already has too many famous people in it, done by Dustin Hoffman, that had nothing to do with anything... just because they wanted an appearance by him.

So what I'm saying... don't go see The Holiday, go see yerself a decent movie. I hate you, Cameron Diaz, and Shannyn Sossamon, I hate you because you're pretty and now you make me want to cut my hair again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home